Peter Finger is a SMART Recovery Regional Coordinator in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He is also an advocate for the drug courts in his state.
In this podcast, Peter talks about:
- Why partying like Frank Sinatra was the way his family coped with issues
- What caused tremendous anxiety during childhood and carried into his adulthood
- Who held an intervention for him when his drinking habit was out of control
- How he found SMART Recovery and Alltyr
- Why he never drank again after taking the SMART Recovery Training program
- How he became involved with the South Dakota Drug Courts
- What people are searching for and why the search over when they find it
- Taking the National Drug Court Institute training
- Using the Successful Life Skills book in his SMART meetings
- Why it’s important to extend compassion and empathy to everyone
- Where life goes from here
- SMART Recovery 4-Point Program®
- SMART Courts & Corrections
- SMART Toolbox
- Other podcasts featuring Peter Finger
Looking for ways to get sober
Thank you for reaching out, Amy. You can find an online meeting at https://smartwww.wpengine.com/community/
I’m interested in joining your SMART Recovery to over come my drug addiction.
Welcome! We’re glad you are joining SMART. Someone will reach out to you directly.
In the mean time, you can find an face-to-face meeting here: https://meetings.smartrecovery.org/meetings/ or an online meeting here: https://smartwww.wpengine.com/community/calendar.php