SMART Recovery for Veterans & First Responders
To learn more about how SMART Recovery can support veterans, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message using the form below.
Research documents show that an alarming number of veterans & first responders (VFR), suffer from addiction and/or mental health disorders, directly related to their service to our country and communities. Traumatic experiences can overwhelm coping skills, intrude on personal life, affect professional performance and cause mental health conditions. Many will self-medicate with alcohol and substances or engage in risky behaviors that can compound problems.
SMART Recovery International Veterans & First Responders Webinar
Veterans & First Responders throughout the world are some of the bravest, strongest, and most honorable people. They also display their bravery through the commitment to their #recovery. In honor of their dedication to changing their lives to be free from addiction, mental health disorders and maladaptive behaviors, SMART will be hosting this webinar.
This event will bring the SMART Veteran & First Responder communities, from across the globe, together in recognition, solidarity, and celebration of their commitment to change.
Please join us, on November 12th, for this historic event and join Those Who Serve, to celebrate Life Beyond Addiction.
Find a Veterans and First Responders Meeting
There is hope and practical, easy to apply tools. Veterans and First Responders who have begun to address their challenges are uniquely qualified to relate to those who have similar experiences.
In partnership with Veteran’s Administration (VA) hospitals and mental health professionals across the country, SMART meetings offer veterans and First Responders the help they need in a safe and supportive environment.
- Find Us at Online Meetings & Events:
- Sunday from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. ET
- Tuesday from 7:00-8:30 p.m. ET
- Wednesday from 7:30-9:00 p.m. ET (Women’s Only)
- Thursday from 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET (Tool Time)
- Friday from 8:30 – 10:00 p.m. ET
- Meetings are free and password protected; registration is required
- Find Us in Your Community: To find meetings at your local VA, we encourage you to call your VA to request details. Or, if meetings are not yet held in your local VA, you can request SMART Recovery meetings to be added as a resource for you and your peers. Use this website to search for face-to-face meetings available near you.
- Find Us in the UK: https://smartwww.wpengine.com.uk/smart_veterans/
Let’s Support More Veterans and First Responders Together
We would love to help you start SMART Recovery meetings in your facility and or community. VA staff and mental health professionals are invited to join our training program and start SMART Recovery meetings. Training can be completed online or in-person. Fill out the form on this page to request more information on SMART Recovery for Veterans and First Responders.
Recent Features on SMART’s Veterans and First Responders Community
Recent Podcasts: Veterans
Latest Blogs: Veterans