Help End the Addiction Epidemic. Join the New SMART Insiders+ Program
Relapse Prevention: Trigger Homework Sheet
- What was the trigger?
- How were you feeling just before you felt like drinking or drugging?
- What were you telling yourself just before you started to drink or drug? (Look for additional, hidden thoughts.)
- What did you do?
- Which thoughts led to which addictive feelings and behaviors?
- What was the chain of thoughts, feelings, and actions?
- What could you have told yourself?
- What could you have done?
- What emotions could you have pushed yourself to feel?
- How do you feel now about what happened?