Welcome to National Recovery Month! While this month feels different than previous years, it is more important than ever to celebrate those on the path to recovery.
That is why, today, we are kicking off our SMART Facebook FRIENDraiser – and we are inviting you to join us!
As a member of the SMART Recovery community, we know that many of you are passionate about SMART’s mission – helping millions of people with addiction and their family & friends find the self-empowering, science-based messages and support that helps them lead a life beyond addiction.
We are asking you to host a Facebook fundraiser to help us raise friends (and funds) for SMART Recovery, and to spread the word about SMART Recovery to more people who need it.
START YOUR FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER
The instructions below will help you through the setup process.
- Log into Facebook, under Explore, click Fundraisers
- Click Select Nonprofit
- Complete the required information on the Let’s start with the Basics screen:
- Who is organizing: Your name
- Raising money for: SMART Recovery USA
- Goal: $500
- End Date: September 30, 2020
- Tell your story:
- What’s the Title: SMART Recovery Month Friend and Fund Raiser
- Why are you raising money: Download the message, then copy and paste into the box.
- Click Next
- Pick a cover photo: Download the image, then upload to Facebook
- Click Create
- Save the link for the fundraising page to share with your friends
Congratulations and THANK YOU … You’ve set-up your Recovery Month Facebook FRIENDraiser! We’ll continue to communicate with you throughout this campaign to give you more tips and resources to help you raise friends and funds for SMART Recovery.
Don’t want to run your own Facebook fundraiser, but want to support our mission?
That’s okay! We understand that not everyone is comfortable on social media, and that many of our community members choose to remain anonymous. You can still participate in our Recovery Month Fundraiser by donating to SMART Recovery on our website
Email email@example.com with any questions.