Paul Tieger is the Founder and CEO of Speed Reading People, LLC. He is also a principal of IConnect Health, an international expert on personality psychology, and the author of five bestselling books. Paul currently is the lead researcher for the SMART De-Stress RX Study, which seeks to determine the connection between personality type and addiction issues.
In this podcast, Paul talks about:
- His extensive background in personality psychology and trying to understand who people are
- His most famous case from when he was a jury consultant
- The new SMART study’s purpose is to determine genetic predisposition to addiction issues based on personality type and how SMART can tailor its approach to different people
- Why personality type trumps all other factors like age and gender
- How to prevent confirmation bias
- Dr. Tom Horvath’s enthusiasm for this groundbreaking study
- The three parts of the study the participants will take
- Developing the De-Stress RX personality test as an individualized approach to reducing stress based on the 16 personality types
- The value in receiving personal RX results
- How the COVID era stress has influenced personality types
- How SMART will be communicating how people can participate in the study in the coming weeks
- How to register for the webinar on Wednesday, March 2nd
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- Myers-Briggs Assessment
- The Art of SpeedReading People
- Do What You Are
- University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- SMART Toolbox
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Recovery welcomes comments on our blog posts—we enjoy hearing from you! In the interest of maintaining a respectful and safe community atmosphere, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when making or responding to others’ comments, regardless of your point of view. Thank you.
- Be kind in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in how you respond to opinions that are different than your own.
- Be brief and limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words.
- Be careful not to mention specific drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic details are not necessary.
- Be focused on the content of the blog post itself.
If you are interested in addiction recovery support, we encourage you to visit the SMART Recovery website.
If you or someone you love is in great distress and considering self-harm, please call 911 for immediate help, or reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline @ 800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look forward to you joining the conversation!
*SMART Recovery reserves the right to not publish comments we consider outside our guidelines.*