SMART Recovery USA’s Response to the Coronavirus
SPECIAL NOTICE TO OUR SMART RECOVERY ONLINE COMMUNITY
Over the last few weeks, reports of unwanted intrusion during Zoom meetings, security, and privacy issues have been in the news. Zoom CEO Eric Yuan has responded and reassured customers that Zoom has been updating their software frequently. Please update your desktop or mobile app when prompted to keep your account secure with the latest security measures. SMART Recovery will continue to monitor the situation with Zoom and make adjustments as necessary.
SMART Recovery is not a healthcare organization, nor do we handle individuals’ private healthcare information (PHI) or medical records. We are not considered to be an entity covered under HIPAA.
To assure our community’s privacy, SMART Recovery does not retain records of attendance. Participants attend anonymously unless they choose to share their name with the other participants at their meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
- SMART Recovery USA is fully operational at this time
- Meetings are taking place, but some local meetings have moved from in-person to online
- Check meeting list (https://www.smartrecovery.org/local/) to confirm local meeting format (in-person or online)
- You can also join national online meetings (http://www.smartrecovery.org/srol-2/)
- Send Coronavirus questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Many Face-to-Face Meetings are Moving Online
Many meetings across the country have been put on hiatus or have changed from in-person to online due to the concerns over COVID-19, and more are expected to do the same. SMART Recovery will remain fully operational at this time, and will continue to support individuals and their family & friends with their recovery in the best way possible.
Please continue to check the SMART Recovery meeting website (https://www.smartrecovery.org/local/) to confirm your local meeting format (in-person or online) before making plans to attend a face-to-face meeting. Meeting statuses are changing often as requests are sent to our National Office.
SMART Recovery Online (SROL) Community Available for 24/7 Recovery Support
SMART Recovery also has a robust online community through SMART Recovery Online (SROL) with 40+ weekly online meetings and 24/7 message boards. We encourage you, during this time of social distancing, to take advantage of the SROL community and its helpful recovery resources.
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Helpful Information for Volunteers Click to learn how to move your face-to-face meeting online.
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- SAMHSA – Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: TIPS FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, QUARANTINE, AND ISOLATION DURING AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE OUTBREAK
- CDC – Share Facts About COVID-19 (PDF)
- CDC – Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF)
- CDC – Hand Washing