SMART Recovery USA’s Response to the Coronavirus
- SMART Recovery USA is fully operational at this time
- Meetings are taking place, but some local meetings have moved from in-person to online
- Check meeting list (https://www.smartrecovery.org/local/) to confirm local meeting format (in-person or online)
- You can also join national online meetings (http://www.smartrecovery.org/srol-2/)
- Send Coronavirus questions to email@example.com
Many Face-to-Face Meetings are Moving Online
Many meetings across the country have been put on hiatus or have changed from in-person to online due to the concerns over COVID-19, and more are expected to do the same. SMART Recovery will remain fully operational at this time, and will continue to support individuals and their family & friends with their recovery in the best way possible.
Please continue to check the SMART Recovery meeting website (https://www.smartrecovery.org/local/) to confirm your local meeting format (in-person or online) before making plans to attend a face-to-face meeting. Meeting statuses are changing often as requests are sent to our National Office.
SMART Recovery Online (SROL) Community Available for 24/7 Recovery Support
SMART Recovery also has a robust online community through SMART Recovery Online (SROL) with 40+ weekly online meetings and 24/7 message boards. We encourage you, during this time of social distancing, to take advantage of the SROL community and its helpful recovery resources.
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Thank you for your support as we work together during this challenging time. We are processing requests to move face-to-face meetings online as quickly as possible. Click here for ways you can help us.
- The custom of passing-the-hat at a face-to-face meeting is an important part of the meeting experience for group members. Group meetings are a sharing of experiences and responsibilities. Click here for the options on how to contribute during a Zoom meeting.
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- SAMHSA – Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: TIPS FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, QUARANTINE, AND ISOLATION DURING AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE OUTBREAK
- CDC – Share Facts About COVID-19 (PDF)
- CDC – Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF)
- CDC – Hand Washing