Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Cool A word of thanks and encouragement.

A word of thanks and encouragement. I have been silent for a couple years now. Sobriety helped. Four years clean now thanks to the help of this web site and those who are dedicated everyday to helping people. I thank you all. To those all starting and looking for help, believe in yourself. You can set yourself free too. My goal was to get away from the grips of Alcohol and NOT think about it, NOT talk about it daily, weekly, monthly. I am NOT and meetings guy. I should have been hospitalized to go dry like I did, but after seven days in a chair vibrating, a few months of uneasiness, 2 first years of getting though first time situations sober, I was finally rewarded with the best years of my life these past two years. I am once again free and happy. Thank you all. Thank you Smart Recovery, and to the newcomers, make the long term commitment and set yourself free. Happy New Year.

QC Guy
    QC

Absolutely frickin' awesome QC!!!!
    Sobriety Date 12/16/2012
    SMART POINT 5

Nice work, QC Guy! Thank you for the encouragement!

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

So very well done QCGuy!!!
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

QC, So happy to read that you have FOUR YEARS!!!! You and I had quit on the same day way back when and I remember enjoying reading your posts. I went on and off more times than I care to think since then, but always admired your progress from afar. To hear that you have four years AND love life more than when you were drinking is hopefully inspirational for people who feel like that will never happen for them. I don't have as long as you (finally quit October, 2015), but would echo your sentiments that life is so much better without the alcohol.
    Do or do not. There is no try - Yoda from Starwars

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

QC Guy,
    Thank you for sharing your journey here. Congrats to you for all your successes. I loved when you said..."I was finally rewarded with the best years of my life these past two years." Knowing that you worked for it!!

Best to you in your future endeavors!
    Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!