Thread: 5 Years Clean

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default 5 Years Clean

On June 22,2016, It was 5 years since I last used Crack Cocaine. That's 3 1/2 years of abstinence and 1 1/2 years of recovery. It wasn't until I quit alcohol in December 2014, that I was introduced to Smart Recovery and it has changed my life. I first recognized their was a problem in 1985 but through 3 treatment centers and various treatment regimes, I still struggled to stay clean and sober. Something always seemed to be missing and although I've been shown what needed to change , I just didn't understand how to do it. The tools of Smart recovery have allowed me to progress from survival skills to coping skills to living skills, They are the missing piece in my recovery that when used has taken me off skid row and into Volunteer work at a local Needle Exchange and Smart Facilitation. Thank you to everyone who led the way. James

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

James you are a flaming gem!!

So very well done yourself and giving back.

Love your work mate.
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

Thanks for the does of hope James.

rock-n-it, nice.

nothing is impossible everything will be done as long as you wanted to

hey you keep going way to go

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!