Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Smile Was it my Aha moment?

I remember I was about half way into my 6 week inpatient treatment program.
    I had been working very hard and absorbing all the info I was learning like a sponge.
    I was focused and seeing the changes that were happening to me.

I was in group one day and as all the days before we were digging deep into our conversation.
    I remember where I was sitting,where my counsellor was standing,and all of a sudden I got this rush of warmth.My body and my mind relaxed and something inside of me had shifted.

I don't remember what we were talking about but, it was like everything that had been said for the past 3 weeks finally made sense!
    Change was happening and...I was changing!

From that day on everything was different.I like to think it was self love.I will never forget that internal hug.I think of it often and smile.

Was it my Aha moment? I like to think so!

I have been a non drinker since December,2013.
    Peg

I have no idea if it was "the" aha moment or not. What ever it was made a big impression on you and your description made a heck of an impression on me.
    Wherever you go, there you are

Thank you fenquat!
    Happy to impress!

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Good stuff Peg, congratulations! I know of several people here who had very clear "Aha" moments and I think that is really great. Mine came over a period of several weeks but I have a feeling I had the same grin on my face when I realized it, we are almost the same time, for me it was Oct 2013.
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

those moments are something else. dont quit.

Thank You shyster,no quitting the quit for me.I have been a non drinker for 5 Years now!

I was sitting in my 1st SMART meeting when I said that my top value was my sobriety. That was Dec. 2014 and I haven't had a drink since. Congrats on your 5 years.

LOVE & HUGS, James
    I can't always make it better but I don't have to make it any worse.

Congratulations on 5 sober years, Peg!

I think it's time for me to start some sober time now. I've been contemplating for a few months and cutting down; now I see a symptom that may be a physical result of over-drinking for about 2 years. That looks like a sign that I'd better quit now before it is too late.

Thanks for the inspiration, and keep it up! Great to hear your success story.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." ~Voltaire

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!