Thread: SMART 2 Years

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default SMART 2 Years

Hi All

As of later on this afternoon I will have been a member of SMART for 2 Years. At first before going to meetings I looked at a lot of the information and downloaded, printed and did a lot of reading. Quite a bit of it was overwhelming, but then I started looking at things/items that applied to me more then others. Overall then I started going to meetings to just see how they were and how they went. What a difference from other programs-- plus I did not have to go anywhere-- could do all straight from home; what a blessing that was. At point during the winter was doing 44 to 65 meetings a month to satisfy Probation requirements at the time.

I have in my notes August; but that may be when I first filled out the paperwork to join--September may be the first month I was really going to meetings.
    Last edited by lynn50; August 13, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Add on
    Karen D. in MI

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

So very well done lynn50!!!

Congratulations on 2 years of a life well lived

"looking at things/items that applied to me more than others" - wonderful! Truly 'Take the best and leave the rest!'

Marvellous efforts on your part and your support of others and contributions here are truly appreciated.
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

df2 is online now SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

That's great, congratulations Lynn!
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

Great job! Keep up the good work! 2 years is a milestone so make sure your proud of yourself! Your awesome

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!