Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Talking Six months off marijuana

I have smoked it all of my life and learned to roll a joint when I was seven years old. Took a break form 10/2008 too 10/2013, but that was easy because I was drinking the whole time. I clawed the walls and scratched the ceiling for the last two months that I smoked off and on in December and January getting four day and two days and three days and six days... marking my calendar with smiley faces for each day clean and hash marks for each day I got stoned and how much I smoked and an emotional log next to it for how I felt on both clean and high days. I took this log to my therapist weekly and noted my progress as I got closer to my goal. The last month of smoking I did 39 clean out of 47 days total and knew I was so close that I could do this thing.

February 6, 2015 was the first day of my continuous clean time off of marijuana. I love not having to worry about losing my girlfriend, my housing subsidy, my freedom, my sanity, and my money over a stupid drug. I am finding that without it I am able to meditate much more deeply and effectively. I feel my emotions without the haze of stonedness covering them over.

That means more challenging interactions with my girlfriend as I am able to hear her better and respond to her better. It also means more challenging therapy sessions as I face my bi-polar disorder head on which results in more self growth and change. Riding my bicycle is easier when I am not stoned and I don't make as many mistakes when I am doing just about anything. Most of all it means freedom for me to live my life the way I want to.

Gordon1 is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

So very well done Jeff and you are a continuing source of inspiration!

"marking my calendar with smiley faces for each day clean and hash marks for each day I got stoned and how much I smoked and an emotional log next to it for how I felt on both clean and high days" is a fantastic way to do it and I love the addition of the emotional log.

Sensational effort on your 6 months and thankyou for the wonderful contributions you make at meetings.
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

i find this inspiring and hope one day i can post something similar

First off, congrats man!

I'm currently on my journey trying to quit weed, it's been a week and I feel so much better. Much more energy, clarity of thinking, better moods and just a better life overall. Weed is not a bad drug but it can definitely become one of the worst if you make your whole life revolve around it.

My whole life has revolved around weed for the last 10 years. I just had my first string of consecutive sober days a couple months ago and like you I compared how I felt on my sober days versus my stoned days. It was eye opening to realize that I could actually enjoy life without it and made me realize how dependent I had become on weed to get me through the day. Thanks so much for sharing your battle Jeff and I hope you're still going strong!

Jeff,

Really well done man!
    Sobriety Date 12/16/2012
    SMART POINT 5

Awesome Jeff

Congratulations Jeff for being sober for 6 months!

Many people minimise long term marijuana use - I have seen first hand the effects it can have on people. It is not a harmless drug, and can lead to the things you have mentioned above, as well as exacerbating any mental illnesses or emotional issues that a person has.

Keep it going! Sounds like you have had to face a few difficult conversations, but you aren't numb anymore, you are human and you are alive to tell your story

Huge accomplishment Jeff...keep it up!

Congrats to you on such an awesome milestone! I look forward to that as well! Having to be honest with yourself and others is great work keep it up.

who needs pot, way to go.

Well done. Marijuana recovery is a rollercoaster of emotions. Well done again

hey you got the right one nice

hey who needs pot? way to go!

I just want to ask, Well I'm using CBD oil for my Back pain and sleep disorder i got my Medicard and using this strains of CBD LINK REMOVED i just put some drop of oil on my mouth, or infused on my tea has with enough dosage of CBD for medical use? i already stop smoking but do you think cbd oil is just the same as smoking pots? please reply thanks.
    Last edited by df2; March 19, 2019 at 7:08 AM.

Day 1 for me.
    Feeling like its a long road.
    But it is really great hearing your story. There is hope for me!

arethamorce - you can take advantage of CBD oils for your back pain w/out THC. The right CBD oil can be great for inflammation and all sorts of ailments. No need to get that "high".

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!