Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Two years sober today!

Today marks two years of sobriety for me. I am happy to be able to tell you all that the second year has been so much easier than the first. I had a very difficult stressful year that included two cross country moves and obtaining a diagnosis for my youngest child (who sadly has FAS from his birth mother ... so I am dealing with the consequences of drinking during pregnancy. Please do not do that.)

I have learned much better coping skills and greatly improved my frustration tolerance. I weaned myself off my anxiety medication about 6 months ago, and have been coping well without it. Mindfulness meditation has made a big difference in my life. My sleep is good and most nights I sleep well.

I now have a new job that I love, and feel like I finally deserve to be happy. I have let go of the resentment towards my ex husband and our divorce. I am single parenting two very challenging children and we are all happy and doing well.

My signature quote really sums it up. Sobriety is worth it.

Much love to SMART for helping me through it all.

Mel =)
    I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Hi Mel,
    Ive read a lot of your posts on other threads and want to congratulate you!
    Ive watched your ups and downs and admire the grace you deal with everything.
    You should be very proud, not only of your sobriety but with how you handle all that comes your way.
    I guess those two are intermingled

Anyway,Congrats again Mel, it was posts like yours that I hung onto in my early sobriety.
    All my best to you and you're family
    Peg

I am so happy for you!
    Wherever you go, there you are

Mellie, you rock! - Dee

Congrats Mel
    We have often crossed paths often in the seven years you have been here and I just knew you would find success. Let me bake you a cake.
    "By not caring too much about what people think, I'm able to think for myself ..."- Albert Ellis

Sam29 is offline Distance Training Team
    Former SMART Online Facilitator

I congratulate you, Mel. You are so inspiring. Well done, my dear.

Love,
    Sam

What an accomplishment. Congratulations!
    I'm a work in progress.

Awesome mel!!!! I just noticed, you started Nov. 2008....I started Dec. 2008. I will continue to work to get where you are at, you are a GREAT ACT to follow! See you back on YP's.
    Millie

Gordon1 is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

WOW melliemoo!!

A life well lived

What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Congratulations melliemoo!
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

Thank you!! I am so very pleased to be at this point!

Mel =)
    I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

I want to be where you are! I can go for months without a drink and then slip...binge.. I hurt myself and others in the process. I see that I need support like this program...

- - - Updated - - -

I like this.

You can do it Addison!! Keep trying. This is a great program and it WORKS if you work it.

Mel =)

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!