Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default five months off of pot

Today I have completed five months of consecutive time without using mary jane. All of this is has been possible because I have been able to use the principle of unconditional self acceptance to allow myself the power of choice to choose a clean day today!

She was a lousy girlfriend anyway... I had been w/o her for five years until i got the apartment in October 2013 but, I was drinking that whole time so it was much easier.

I used the CBA tool which I kept close at hand on my desk at home and a version of the urge log where i tracked when
    and how much i smoked in the months leading to my quit date on 2/6/15. I went from buying my own several days a week... to getting my buddies to smoke me up a several days a week... to only touching it a few days a week and then to only doing one toke every time I touched the stuff at one of my buddies places. On the days I did not smoke I would place a fat zero on the Excel spreadsheet counting calendar I created for this and make it into a .

I prefer to add an extra month for the 30 days out of 49 days non-consecutive days off pot immediately prior to my quit date. Those thirty days were the hardest to get. I scratched the ceiling and clawed the walls to get three days here and two days there and five days here and seven there and one day here to add up to 30 out of 49 days days. So when I think of my 2/6/15 quit date I add a month to make it six months today that i have been off pot.

I still count the days of freedom from alcohol and mary jane with
    on my excell spreadsheet ...not sure how long I will keep doing it... it is working for me now so I don't want to fix it. LOL
    The most important thing is that I am not smoking today!
    I have a firm commitment to not smoke in the future..
    I have plans to avoid situations where I would be tempted to smoke and exit plans should I find myself in situations where I tempted to smoke.

I give SMART 1% credit and ME 99% credit for this great success.

Good for you Jeff, Whooot!!
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

Go you Jeff!!!

LOL to the credit and what a great job!
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Awesome Jeff!
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

vickimz is offline Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART MB Volunteer

Hello Jeff,

You are making sensational progress, CONGRATULATIONS on 5 months pot free. I enjoy listening to you share at meetings you are truly an inspiration. Keep up the fantastic work and best wishes on your new and happier healthier lifestyle!

Hey Jeff! Great stuff. We've talked lots in chat and I know how hard you work.

I like that you are keeping it real, I wish you well!

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!