Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Finding myself through the storm

I was always considered the party girl. I could drink like a lady or drink with the jocks. Sadly, I thought this was a cool trait. I got off on my local celebrity status and the popularity. I had hundreds of people wanting to hang out with me but no one to confide in, no sincere friendships. I married because everyone else was doing it (I was married briefly in my 20s). I got two DUIs back to back and there were no consequences to my actions so I didn't slow down. I got married and had a child and then realized that I was drinking to cope with every day life and had to have a "buzz" jus to be intimate with my souse. He was liar a thief and thought video games were more important than his child and building a life together. Divorced for almost 4 years. Struggled with unemployment and making ends meat. I was drinking at home to help me cope. Insert poor diet and insomnia. Still no job. I never went out, I was past that phase of life. For a change of pace went to a friend's party. Got DUI #3. I was facing a felony. I am thriving in sobriety court and have decided I love the sober me and want to share what I have and am about to start classes to become a peer support while seeking a grad degree as a counselor. Through it all, I have weathered the storm and found me!

I love the sober me and want to share what I have and am about to start classes to become a peer support while seeking a grad degree as a counselor.
    What a fantastic way to give back!
    “If you want to change your life......change your mind"

Well done
    Wherever you go, there you are

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!