Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Smile 1 Year fast/slow

Today is 1 year addiction free from alcohol + pills. Just got home from a delayed plane flight back from a week in Florida for nephews graduations. Had 13 years clean + sober before Smart. Relapsed for a long time. Was about to give up , but said I would really give Smart a try. Went to many F to F meetings and online meetings. Bought the Handbook + took the Overcoming Addictions Course here online. Used it as my personal IOP Program. Sometimes it seems like the year flew by, while some days move slow. Smart Recovery just seemed to make sense to me. Not so much into counting time now, but want to focus on Points 3+4 now. Thanks to the members here online. You help me more than you know. Weather it"s in a meeting, message board, or chat room. Want to stay focused on the day while buliding a better future. Sorry for the ramble, tired after trip tonight.

Nice ramble!

Good results for the effort and work you put into making your changes.
    Wherever you go, there you are

congrats Billy! Youre an inspiration!

Good for you billy, and congrats! I think you're a wonderful example of why it's important to make recovery "Job 1" by seriously working at the tools, reading the handbook, doing the web course, meetings, the message board, and chat. I think we get out what we put in. Sound like you think so too, and you lived it.

Best wishes to you!
    Gentoo

<( ')
    It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry. ~ Joe Moore

billyt,

congrats! You add a lot to this forum, so I thank you in return. :-)

Cheryl
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Great to read billy, congratulations!!!
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

Hey Billy! Congrats on 1 year. That is so awesome

Billy, this is the best news! Good for you. And I'm so glad you found SMART! -Dee

My congrats, too! SMART is great -- we all help each other and that means everything. Thanks to you as well!

Congratulations!
    Where the mind goes energy flows. 10/3/19

Hi Billy
    I just saw what you wrote. Very nice 'ramble" to read. Good for you for making the choice to get clean again. I don't know if I would have the same commitment and courage you have shown if I had been clean as long as you were and then relapsed. Thank you for what you contribute here at Smart.

Best to you.
    q7
    "The central human drama is not wanting the experience we are having"

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!