Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Four years sober!!!!

Hi guys, I just wanted to begin my post by saying I was pretty active in the online meetings here back in late 2011-2012 and I have since reached my four year sobriety, which i'm extremely proud of. I decided to come back to give people motivation and any help that I can offer as I know how much of a struggle it is for us! I'll leave you with a message I posted on my facebook regarding my four years:

4 years sober today, so we thought it would be fun to go hangout with some jackasses! My journey through sobriety has been pretty humbling to say the least. The only reason I am posting this is just to give hope to anyone struggling with substance abuse of any kind. If you knew me at all, back when I was drinking all the time, then you knew how big of a trainwreck I was. So if I can get sober and be happy without drugs or alcohol then ANYONE can. I've lost too many friends from substance abuse and I don't wanna lose anymore. Just be responsible and enjoy your friends and family while we're all still here, peace and love to all of you.

I look forward to hearing everyones story and I hope I can help at least one person along the way, feel free to message for anything you may need. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

congratulations !

LOVE THIS!! Thank you so much misterblock, and how nice to meet you. Come look around. We've grown HUGELY since you were last around, I'm guessing! Still the same helpful, friendly atmosphere. I love your pic. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Best,
    Dee

Thanks a lot you guys, it means a lot. I hope I provide support that I have gotten throughout the years of my journey, as I know how beneficial it can be!

Thanks for sharing and offering hope to so many. Congratulations!!
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

Fabulous, thank you for the post xx

Happy Anniversary Misterblock!!!! Thank you for your post with the reminder that HUMOR is a joy in life to indulge in (visiting jackasses ).

Quite the milestone congrats. I will hit one year on Friday I can't even imagine how over the moon you are right now..again Congratulations

Wow, it is really inspiring to see someone with 4 years of sobriety under their belt. I've only got 4 months of sobriety and I feel that most of it has come from having to wear a sobrietor. I am enjoying sobriety very much and want to remain sober for the rest of my life. It is a struggle. Thanks for sharing your story. It helps to see that it's within reach.

Sam29 is offline Distance Training Team
    Former SMART Online Facilitator

Congratulations on your 4 yrs. misterblock. Coming back in to share your success is priceless. This is how it works here at Smart. Good on you for thinking of others.

Sam

JvB is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Online Leadership Team
    SMART MB Moderator

"...so we thought it would be fun to go hangout with some jackasses!"

How dare you insult us jackasses!

"... and I have since reached my four year sobriety, which i'm extremely proud of."

Here a woo. There a hoo. everywhere a

JvB
    "No, our wills are not completely free, nor are we completely governed by our heredity and environment. We seem to be born and reared with some degree of choice, agency, or self-control but have to work at accepting its limitations and push ourselves to use it adequately."
    Albert Ellis, Ph.D.

Thumbs up Amazing!

Life is so funny sometimes. The journey we take to get to the places we are today is just as important as the destination. Congrats my friend and cool picture.

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad that SMART recovery offers a place for anybody going through this crazy journey a place to feel support and motivation. I wish everybody the best of luck in the future and I hope everyone realizes how much better life is when spent sober! I hope I can get to know everyone and hear everyones story. Bless you all.

EVERYONE LOVES A JACKASS

Congratulations for 4 years sobriety. This post is really motivational.

Sorry guys I removed the post.
    Last edited by misterblock; April 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM. Reason: removed commercial activities and links to for profit websites

JvB is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Online Leadership Team
    SMART MB Moderator

"I decided to pursue my dream of being a professional poker player."

You have every right to pursue your dream. I hope you succeed. This is a site committed to helping people free themselves from addictions and addictive behaviors. With that in mind, I think this post is grossly inappropriate.

JvB
    "No, our wills are not completely free, nor are we completely governed by our heredity and environment. We seem to be born and reared with some degree of choice, agency, or self-control but have to work at accepting its limitations and push ourselves to use it adequately."
    Albert Ellis, Ph.D.

Again I am sorry.

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Congratulations on your 4 years misterblock, that is great stuff!
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

I'm 106 days sober and it is inspiring to think that someday I can feel fulfilled at 4 years of sobriety! Thank you for posting!

Misterblock, fantastic. My 4 years will be this coming November. Hard to believe. I've been offline for a few months as I've been really occupied raising my new puppy Puca. Now that we are on a good routine ,I can jump back in here.
    Im struggling with the knowledge my brother is in the same drinking trap I was in 4 years ago. He is long distance. I've sent him material on Smart
    and the great memoir forgot name of book that list a dozen or so different programs to get sober. He isn't receptive,and I feel so bad for his family. I know I can't do anything else till he decides to get healthy, just so frustrating.
    almost 4 years I do fantasize on how a nice wine would be lovely,but I always go back to playing tape to the end and grab a cookie instead ( just as addicting, but you don't get goofed, ha)
    I will say stress doesn't bring on cravings anymore at all, I have taken on different coping skills.
    well just dropping in,will make the rounds and add some Puca pics.
    agin,great inspiration MisterB
    Free since 11/23/11

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!