Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Educational Success

I am returning to SMART after another relapse. This time I had some major consequences and now have the privilege of having my recovery monitored by a state agency. When I received my initial participation agreement with the agency, it was focused on using a mutual support group model that is religious-based, identified with 12 steps, and required me to get a sponsor, etc. That would not work for me. I scheduled a face-to-face meeting to discuss my needs and plans for success. I went prepared, with scientific evidence related to SMART, my SMART workbooks, and other materials. Somewhat surprisingly, my plan was changed and I am able to use SMART as a foundation for my ongoing success.

Some eyes were opened at that meeting. There are different strategies for different people!
    You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime, you just might find...you get what you need.

Hi and welcome back MaryMM. It's nice to meet you. I am delighted to hear your stage agency was receptive to SMART Recovery and you were able to open some eyes. That's great for everyone who doesn't resonate to the 12-step approach. Hope to see you around.
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. Mother Teresa

Hi Mary,
    That is awesome of the results you got with your approach. I couldn't imagine what it might be like being forced to go into an AA type program; the thought is quite chilling. I have found great success here and know you will too (again), best to you, Cheryl
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!