Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default my first year clean

today i am 1 yr clean,,thats a huge success to me,before i found smart i was homeless ,life was pretty grim. i was struggling to get clean from pot and heroin,these 2 drugs i had used for most of my life,i was going to steps meetings but it wasn't working for me,i looked online and found this site.
    it was such a relief for me to find a different perspective and learn that i had a choice and i could empower myself .i got clean and eventually i found a house to live in and i care for a dog that i rescued ,
    i still have my struggles ,and life isn't perfect but it so much better then it was ,i had a slip a while ago,it lasted one evening,was a horrible experience that could have killed me using heroin,
    i still had the motivation to keep moving in a positive direction and put it down,i had to deal with intense cravings all over again and it felt like my body was already back in the swing of using again,,was sick and overwhelmed with cravings,,but i got thru it,,i learnt from it and stuck it out,it was a really difficult time for me,i felt like beating myself up felt ashamed of my choice and had to work really hard to look at my strengths and not focus on the negatives,
    was the first time in my life i had made a bad decision to use drugs then put it down before it got hold of me,i not proud that i used but i am proud that i was able to stop,and keep using the tools here to stay motivated in recovery,
    so i am proud to say i am a yr clean today ,and i thank everyone for being here and the support i have gotten here,,i loved it so much i became a volunteer,
    i love being part of a community of people who share the common goal of creating a better life for ourselves with out our drug of choice,
    yubba

congratulations Yubba on one year! I have enjoyed your posts and have enjoyed getting to know you. Good job.
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. Mother Teresa

That's awesome Yubba!! We have the same sober birthday! Keep up the great work!

BF

Just wonderful, Yubba. Wow, what a powerful story. Continued success to you! - My very best, Dee

what a great post!

congratulations on your first year!

congratulations Yubba! Very happy for you!

Congrats Yubba. Glad I got to know you. Foward ahead!

Congratulations! Great work!
    "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” A. A. Milne

Good on you for one year yubba. Yours is a great success story, and nowhere to go but up from here on!

Good for you!!! Thanks for making me smile!

Congrats on a year clean thats awesom e!!!!!

Congratulations on your clean time

df2 is offline SMART Message Board Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART Message Board Volunteer

Way to go Yubba, I am so happy for you and so glad to have the chance to get to know you (and your awesome taste in music).
    "The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Thomas A. Edison
    It's easy to support SMART, just click here!

Df2 - Yubba!
    WOW. I did not know you were homeless. Congratulations for hoping back on the horse after that one slip. In the past, I never slipped... I always allowed my brain chatter to take me directly to a full-on relapse. You should be so proud of yourself as it takes A TON of will, trust, focused determination and love to keep moving forward all the while shaking off a 500lb gorilla! AND YOU DID IT!! Big Hugs!!
    08/26/2018 Where the mind goes energy flows!

Congrats! I have serious admiration for people who get off heroin.

Mel =)
    I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Yes I do as well I should know... I had to get off Heroin sitting in jail for 3 days... congrats!

hi yubba my friend congrats
    ~~ Choice. What a concept. ~~

Congratulations on your Wonderful progress! You sound like you have really learned a lot, which is what I hope to do here. Very inspiring!

Congrats on your one year yubba! My 20-yr old niece died from a heroin od; I know how tough it is to get off and to survive. Big hugs to you and thanks for sharing this with us! Happy Holidays to you and your pups. :-)
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

So glad to hear you are doing great!!

Congrats! Stay positive.

Be lated congrats yubba.

This forum is really inspiring for recovery.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!