Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default do small success count?

not sure if this fits in here, but i have a small success story... since i quit drinking over 5 months ago i was able to save money and today with my savings i was able to buy a nice used snow blower for this upcoming winter... no shoveling my arse off this season... so i just wanted to share that little story with everyone here...

MasterSkywalker,
    that is a success story! Coming from a northern climate Myself I would think that's a win win
    Congrats on your continued sobriety!
    Peg

All successes count MSW. I bought new garage doors with my savings.
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. Mother Teresa

Absolutely, the small successes are what make up a good life, IMO. I used the $ to go back to the gym and get back and shape. Congrats on 5 mos. MasterSkywalker!
    "There is nobody on the planet...who doesn’t have what it takes to wake up" Pema Chödrön

thanks all

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Thanks for sharing. That is an awesome success! I grew up in the snow. That is a great use of saved money.
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

5 months is a huge success. Congratulations! I have used my savings for winter getaways. Keep up the good work.

Absolutely it counts! And I would call over 5 months a big success. I think it's so important to celebrate all the successes!
    I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

That is no small success! Five months is a sizable chunk of time and you have rewarded yourself well in honor of that success. Congratulations to you and stay SMART!! <3

JvB is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Online Leadership Team
    SMART MB Moderator

Hi MasterSkywalker,

Those are all big successes. Best of all, you did them yourself! Enjoy your new snow blower.

JvB
    "No, our wills are not completely free, nor are we completely governed by our heredity and environment. We seem to be born and reared with some degree of choice, agency, or self-control but have to work at accepting its limitations and push ourselves to use it adequately."
    Albert Ellis, Ph.D.

Thank you this made my day

That sounds great. I think i want to save every coin that would go to alcohol and see how much i have at the end of the year.
    sarah

Nice work, and congrats!

The most important thing is you success-ed, In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.

I have to say reading this thread is a great start to my day. I'm finding myself going through all those logical reasons constantly in my mind at this point not to drink wine every night and saving $ is definitely at the top of that list. I'm looking forward to using the $ saved on my children (gosh it sounds pathetic "out loud" to know that $ was going to ETOH instead of them in the first place) or simply putting in the bank and seeing it sit there for once. My husband is the most logical thinker on the planet in my opinion, so he can't understand why the above hasn't been Mission #1 for me all along. Being in central Texas I certainly don't need a snowblower LOL, but I'm sure ready to put that $ towards something else practical and meaningful.

The sun is shining today and it's about time.

vickimz is offline Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART MB Volunteer

Default RRV's HUGE SUCCESS

Hello RRV,

Your change in priorities and your willingness to honor your values by abstaining from Booze and focusing instead on your families needs sounds like a HUGE SUCCESS to me. Just because your husband doesn't understand why you did not reach this conclusion in the past (he is not the one with a drinking problem so most likely he doesn't get how huge abstaining is for you.) TOOT the HORNS you are on a new and healthy adventure that took courage and motivation! BRAVO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Birtwistle View Post
    The most important thing is you success-ed, In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
    i think so , in addition be always think positive and be Foolish!

Those small successes add up to being the big one's, over time...Frank.

Congratulations..!! You have done very good job. I appreciate you.

vickimz is offline Former SMART Meeting Helper
    SMART MB Volunteer

Default Slow and Steady Wins the Race

It has taken me many decades of living to realize it is the small successes that make for a useful and peaceful life.

Congrats! I would not call that a small success; I would call it a huge accomplishment. Keep it up!

Bravo... Right now you're my hero. I never even thought about how much $$ I will save. Think I'll start a new $$ jar just for that and take some ideas from other people on a reward... I have only 1 day sober, but I'm planning on catching up with you.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!