Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Only a mere 14 and a half....................years

So for no particular reason today I had Smart pop into my head and decided to do a drive by. I thought it had been a couple of years since I did that. Turns out that it was a couple times three. It had been 6 years since I stopped by. Funny thing is that there is actually someone here from the first meeting a was a facilitator at. It looks like he is still active. You know who you are and I will leave it up to you to chime in if you so desire. Boy how things have changed since then. This place is huge now. So big I actually had problems finding some things I was looking for, well it's big and I didn't have my glasses on:-) Yikes, I just realized that I didn't even need glasses back then. So any how, time has flown by. I still have not done meth since then. So yes it can work if you do the work. All I need now from Smart is a way to overcome old age and the aches and pains that are part and parcel of the years rolling by. Three Grandchildren and a fourth on the way. Boy oh boy where does the time go........Kirk

Kirk, bigger yes, different for sure but the objective remains the same. Learn how to make and hold to those choices that will better enable us to reach the goals we set...and then do so.

Neat.

p.s. good to see you again.
    Wherever you go, there you are

Who could have ever imagined that from such humble beginnings of the on line presence that this is what it would become! Just WOW! It is also a pleasant surprise to see a familiar name here and there. Many fond memories of what was sometimes very intense discussions along with a general sense of well being and comfort now.

JvB is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Online Leadership Team
    SMART MB Moderator

Hi Kirk,

You've been around, on and off, sine the beginning. Good to see you!

JvB
    "No, our wills are not completely free, nor are we completely governed by our heredity and environment. We seem to be born and reared with some degree of choice, agency, or self-control but have to work at accepting its limitations and push ourselves to use it adequately."
    Albert Ellis, Ph.D.

Kirk - sorry I missed this when it was posted.

You facilitated my first meeting here. It was just you, BlueJay33 and I... in #TalkCity, I believe it was at the time.

Yes, it's grown a lot since back then, but I still appreciate you filling in that night.

Happy to see you checking in here!

Charlie
    Reward yourself for your failures... except for the failure to try in the first place.

I love hearing stories that show positive results, great post

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!