Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default My One-Year Victory!!

Hello Friends!
    I just wanted to share in my very special day today! One year ago, I hit rock bottom. I almost lost my wife and my children, and I almost lost myself to alcohol. It was so bad that I did not think recovery was even possible for me. I had given up on myself, and on my future. I fought vehemently against rehab or any program. It wasn't until one evening my eight year old came to me alone, and asked me to get help. Her innocent plea just shattered my heart, and that was the beginning of this year-long journey. This past year has been the most painful, joyful, excruciating, and rewarding time of my life. I know that I still have a long way to go. I hope and pray that every year for the rest of my life, I can post a message like this, claiming victory! I really need to share my thanks with the world:
    -Jamie: the love of my life, you are my angel on Earth. How can anyone endure so much pain yet be capable of so much love? I will spend the rest of my life showing you how thankful I am for you.
    -my Babies: my mission in life is to be the best father I can possibly be, to never stop loving and supporting you, the way you've loved and supported me. I love you!
    -Cynthia and my friends at Locke, you guys are my rock, keeping me on the right path every week. Thank you.
    -Dave and Debbie at Canadian Centre for Addictions. I hated you guys haha! But now you guys are like family. I love you. Never thought I would ever ever be able to say, I'm so thankful for alcohol rehab!! Will pop in next time I'm in Toronto.

Thank you for letting me share this event with all of you. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to read all of your victories. On nights I was really hurting, they gave me so much strength and determination. Thank you.
    Last edited by LMR555; October 18, 2014 at 3:06 PM. Reason: removed hyperlink

Awesome -- thanks for sharing and keep at it!
    It is solved by walking.

What a beautiful story!!! Thank you so much for sharing it. Hugest congratulations!!! - Dee

Sam29 is offline Distance Training Team
    Former SMART Online Facilitator

A beautiful story, indeed. More importantly, a beautiful life you are living. It does start with support, I will agree and I too am thankful for that but I realize now that over the years, and you will have more, AWalton, it is all about your choice. You have made a good one, my dear.

Love,
    Sam

Congratulations! Keep it up. Why sacrifice everything for a drink? Life is so much more meaningful and exciting when sober. You can see the possibilities in life. Its pretty amazing.

BF

Very nice to read. You have yourself pointed in the direction you had worked to make happen. Now it's just a matter of walking forward on the path you set.

Enjoy!
    Wherever you go, there you are

congrats on this milestone best of luck and wishes to you it only gets better this new improved life style I am on 3rd year of recovery and it has gotten much better and some times easier...
    Quote Originally Posted by AWalton789 View Post
    Hello Friends!
    I just wanted to share in my very special day today! One year ago, I hit rock bottom. I almost lost my wife and my children, and I almost lost myself to alcohol. It was so bad that I did not think recovery was even possible for me. I had given up on myself, and on my future. I fought vehemently against rehab or any program. It wasn't until one evening my eight year old came to me alone, and asked me to get help. Her innocent plea just shattered my heart, and that was the beginning of this year-long journey. This past year has been the most painful, joyful, excruciating, and rewarding time of my life. I know that I still have a long way to go. I hope and pray that every year for the rest of my life, I can post a message like this, claiming victory! I really need to share my thanks with the world:
    -Jamie: the love of my life, you are my angel on Earth. How can anyone endure so much pain yet be capable of so much love? I will spend the rest of my life showing you how thankful I am for you.
    -my Babies: my mission in life is to be the best father I can possibly be, to never stop loving and supporting you, the way you've loved and supported me. I love you!
    -Cynthia and my friends at Locke, you guys are my rock, keeping me on the right path every week. Thank you.
    -Dave and Debbie at Canadian Centre for Addictions. I hated you guys haha! But now you guys are like family. I love you. Never thought I would ever ever be able to say, I'm so thankful for alcohol rehab!! Will pop in next time I'm in Toronto.

Thank you for letting me share this event with all of you. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to read all of your victories. On nights I was really hurting, they gave me so much strength and determination. Thank you.

Thanks for the post AW! I know it's been a while since you originally put this up. I just read it today. I hope you are still doing well. I'm sure you are!

You have inspired me just that much more to continue with my journey, even though, today, I am doing well and loving every second of sobriety. I plan to continue to keep moving forward, achieving once-lost dream and goals!

God bless!

Sincerely,
    Max

Congratulations!! I hope you are proud of yourself, because I am proud of you!

Mel =)
    I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Congrats !!! Awesome.

So sorry for the late reply guys... I didn't log in, but guess what... ANOTHER YEAR has passed and I am still sober!!

I didn't log in because I was experiencing life in a different light, the freedom, the air.... I was (and still am) loving every minute. Spent a great Christmas with my family too.

I am also helping others in my network who are going through these dark times and helping them see the light as much as possible. Hopefully I can try and do the same here.

Thanks so much everyone of you guys for being proud of me and my accomplishments!

Yup, got those feet pointed and moving forward still. I look forward to hearing from you again in another year...or so. Enjoy the life!

congratulations!

Hey man! congrats on your achievement! I too am celebrating my 1yr right now. I was in the exact same boat as you. I was within a hair of losing my everything. My beautiful wife and mother of my two beautiful daughters were leaving for good this time. I too hit rock bottom and realized that in jail. The past year has been hell at times for you I KNOW! Im trying to learn to live life sober now too. (it hasn't been easy at all). Stay in touch.
    Just remember one foot in front of the other. The bad days seem to get fewer and farther between.

Pooky, congrats to you as well, sounds like the changes you have made are paying off in a huge manner.

Just WOW!!!! What an inspiration!!!!!

This just makes my day. Thanks for sharing. I'm at day 21 day and its been a struggle but I'm getting by. I hope to make some friends on here. Hope you well add me as a friend and anyone else who wants to can to. The more the better! Thanks again!

nice,you have got a plan!

This is amazing. Your higher power had plans for you. Thanks for sharing.

Marcus

way to go, i feel happy for you.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!