Thread: small success

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Talking small success

Today is 1 week. That's all, just a week- and I know it isn't like the Goliath victories many others have accomplished but to me it means everything. It means I can overcome alcoholism and take back the things that I gave over to it. I will not die just because it makes me uncomfortable. I lived through the withdrawal, I've made it through a week of urges, and I've come out the other side stronger. It means I'm going to make it after all I think there comes a point when you know you can do it, and although I may stumble in the future I now know that I can and will overcome. Today is going to be a good day!
    ~One day at a time~

You should be proud! Every step forward is a victory!!
    All the best
    Peg

Every larger success is built of many smaller victories. They are all a Big Deal, every one.

Congratulations!

Gregr
    “Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." Epictetus

Wonderful! A week is a big step...congratulations on your choices.
    “There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.” Leonard Cohen

Today is my one week too!!! we should be proud! Congrats! Let's keep this going...

Best,

Katherine

One week is very cool. What is great is this from your post:

It means I can overcome alcoholism and take back the things that I gave over to it. I will not die just because it makes me uncomfortable. I lived through the withdrawal, I've made it through a week of urges, and I've come out the other side stronger. It means I'm going to make it after all

I fully agree and felt much the same at that point. Double figures was huge to me. You have your feet pointed in the right direction, keep walking forward.
    Wherever you go, there you are

Its my first week too...
    Good health and keep going sober....

well done... you have reached a level higher towards your success.. so congrats for good health...

This is inspiring because I'm trying to make it 2 days. After 2 days, I end up drinking again. It's horrible. I'd be so happy to make it a week! I can't wait to make this work. I want to be sober and enjoy my life. Thank you for posting this because it gives me hope. If I can make it a week, I can make it 2 weeks, I can make it a month, a year, and for the rest of my life.

You posted this in August of 2014. If you see my post, could you post an update, please? Are you still sober?

Dear Travel
    Your words .... "I will not die just because it makes me uncomfortable".... thank you for that. A very good reminder.
    q7
    "The central human drama is not wanting the experience we are having"

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!