Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Red face Continued success

Hello everyone, I am just short of 5 years of being clean and sober- This was definetly a journey I wanted to, no, had to make. I was having siezures and not very pleasant to be around. Out of control. Then this year my father died, and 2 wks ago, I fell and broke my right femur at the top. Thanks to Smart Recovery, and their no nonsense principals, I do not crave escape using, or picking up. My mind is clear, able to make sound decisions and accept what I need to do to keep me healthy and able to help where I can. You can do this too- Thanks for sharing with me all of your battles and wins. Liz

wow Liz, I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Good attitude and thanks for sttepping out to encourage others.
    Wherever you go, there you are

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

Sorry about your Dad and get well soon

All the best Liz and hearty congrats on the 5 years
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

Condolences on loss of your father. Congratulations and very well done, on the 5 years.
    Grateful for the inspiration for me to keep at it.

“Men are disturbed not by things, but by the views which they take of them.” ~Epictetus 1st Century A.D.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!