Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Overcoming the impossiable

Today I am sitting here thinging to myself. Last year this time I would have easily fell to my addictions without a single thought but today im telling you, you couldn't pay me enough to go back. Yes the urges are still there to some extent and I doubt they will every go away fully just easier to resist. Today I have almost 3 months without self harm, cutting, and an eating disorder. Most individuals look at addiction and automatically thing drugs or alcohol. well reality is addiction can be anything. a negative harmful habit to ones body. Mine is a bit different than most of the individuals here on SMART but I am so happy where my life is at right now. I am free from addictions that once consumed my life to an unbearable level to complete freedom. If someone ever tells you that what your addiction/s is/are that it cant be overcome. they don't know the power and determination of ones own self. I am a new person literally because I have overcome the impossiable. if I can overcome anyone can. stay encouraged and stay smart. you have the power to change your future no matter what stage of life you are at today.

Congrats BrokenAngel. You may need to change your name to Soaring Angel!!! You should be very proud.

Wow! I tip my hat to you. You are certainly right that it doesn't have to be booze and drugs; I think I've been a kind of reading addict since I was 8, but since there's "no harm" nobody minds. Meanwhile, I'm surrounded by chaos.......

Default Thank you for writing this. It gives someone like me hope. Any advice on how to start?

Quote Originally Posted by BrOkEnAnGeL View Post
    Today I am sitting here thinging to myself. Last year this time I would have easily fell to my addictions without a single thought but today im telling you, you couldn't pay me enough to go back. Yes the urges are still there to some extent and I doubt they will every go away fully just easier to resist. Today I have almost 3 months without self harm, cutting, and an eating disorder. Most individuals look at addiction and automatically thing drugs or alcohol. well reality is addiction can be anything. a negative harmful habit to ones body. Mine is a bit different than most of the individuals here on SMART but I am so happy where my life is at right now. I am free from addictions that once consumed my life to an unbearable level to complete freedom. If someone ever tells you that what your addiction/s is/are that it cant be overcome. they don't know the power and determination of ones own self. I am a new person literally because I have overcome the impossiable. if I can overcome anyone can. stay encouraged and stay smart. you have the power to change your future no matter what stage of life you are at today.
    Thank you so much for writing this it gives people hope. Any advice on how to start?

Really good news, Angel!
    I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders

Wow Angel! That is powerful! It's been wonderful to watch you learn, change. and grow!

With wishes of freedom and joy,
    Gengen
    It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry. ~ Joe Moore

thank you all. Maria326 the best way to start recovery is firstly deciding you want to change. not partly change or indecisive but fully ready then put your foot down and dig into the tools here and hit meetings left and right. speak up and ask for assistance as needed even if its the smallest question you have. hang strong you can do anything you fully set your mind to. feel free to message me if you have any more questions

forget what hurt you in the past, it doesnt exist anymore- But NEVER forget what it taught you.

i know it is hard to over come such a thing, but know that you are never judged, and you are loved beyond anything. we are all here for you.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!