Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Red face 10 years with SMART!

Hi everyone, I was just looking at a post and realized I have been coming to SMART online for 10 years!!!
    How fast time goes when you are not brought down by the day to day of stress addiction!
    So freeing!!
    To those that are new here and are struggling, keep coming back! SMART can really help you to get to where you want to be.
    Take care everyone, newsun

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Hi Newsun,
    Congrats on all you successes! Thank you for being a part of SMART Recovery and sharing your support.

Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Hey newsun,

What a nice thing for me to read. I guess it's been that amount of time for me too!!! That's kind of crazy to me. I don't remember the exact date, but I do believe I started in April of 2004.

I wholeheartedly agree: "To those that are new here and are struggling, keep coming back! SMART can really help you to get to where you want to be."

Best,
    Dee

newsun, congrats! Any chance you might wish to share what was one of the biggest surprises you found in your early years or what helped you the most?
    Wherever you go, there you are

Hi fenquat, I think one of the biggest surprises or maybe revelations early in recovery was that my addictive thoughts, you know the ones that tell you, "oh your problem is not that bad. You can go back to drinking" or "boo hoo everyone else is having a drink why
    cant you". Those thoughts were my addiction, they were not me!!
    Those thoughts were going to keep me going down that dark hole. when I would have those thoughts, I would go right to my hierarchy of values then, in my thoughts, I would fast forward to what would happen if I drank. the pain I would cause myself and my family, the sickening hangover. With this new thought process, the thought or urge would pass. After time, became less and less. Hope this helps.
    Take care everyone, newsun

WOW LauLau!!!! That is sooo awesome, what an inspiration. Its really is about our individual "Big" pictures of our life yes? So happy to be here with you and the rest of the SROL gang. Congratulations!!
    Where the mind goes energy flows. 10/3/19

Congratulations newsun!
    “Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." Epictetus

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!