Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Success is always a work progress

Its been almost 3 years since I stopped drinking, but I try not to think of it as a success. Its always something I will live with and always something I am working on. I still have an occasional urge and I've used the techniques of SR to help me. I have other areas of my life that I also need to work on and I am apply the same principles to these things (food/ overeating is a huge one).

What I like most about SMART is that it isn't an all other nothing mindset. Yes, I've been sober for a long time and I know I can never drink again (moderation in the past has been a miserable failure) but I also know that the longer I am successful the more tools I gain in correcting any mistakes I may make in the future. That is not giving me leeway to drink again, but if I ever did, I will not be back at square one.

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for sharing your success (even though you don't call it that ) story. Have you been going to face to face meetings? I noticed this is your first post at SROL.

Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

I do go to a weekly face to face meeting. I've missed a few weeks due to work traveling, but I will be back on Sunday!

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Hi Matt,
    Glad to see you back and checking in.

Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!