Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default One Year Anniversary

Hi,
    I have been in recovery for 10 years with AA and had some sucess here and there. Last year I left detox and went straight to SMART and have never looked back. I now have over a year of pure sobriety! I have a much improved relationship with my wife, my daughter, my family in general and have had great sucess and advancements at work and in school. I will be graduating with my bachelors degree in April upon which time I will be starting my masters. My daughter just turned one years old as well. I have a counselor who I see twice a month a medication management person once every two months and a marriage counselor once a week and I go to SMART once a week and have not missed a single meeting in Concord, MA in over a year. I highly recommend SMART.
    PS my wife attends the friends and family meeting of SMART and loves it.

Hi Pierce CONGRAULATIONS!!! WHOA! That kind of news sure helps alot. Keep on trucking!
    Jane

Pierce34 -- Great work and congrats on your one year with SMART -- very nice to hear your success. You've got lot of positives in your life -- much continued success to you!
    It is solved by walking.

dpowersdoc is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART MB Volunteer

Good going, Pierce. It sounds like a balanced life to me, one massaged well with wisdom and support.

Nothing but net! Great results from the work you have done. If I may, I am always interested in finding out what may have been the biggest surprise you found inside of the past year?
    Wherever you go, there you are

The biggest suprise was the general feeling of well being. I had the residual weird feelings that something bad was around the corner and I would get these weird anxiety feelings....SMART allowrd me to think about those feelings and PAUSE. I realized the feelings were simply from always hiding and scheming and I allowed myself to feel o.k. I had no idea that life could be this easy if you live it honestly.....that was and continues to be my biggest suprise.IIt's a gift too.

Happy to hear of all the progress and good things coming your way. You worked for and earned them. WTG!

Excellent discovery! Well done you.
    Wherever you go, there you are

Thanks so much for the knd words

Awesome and inspiring pierce!
    Sobriety Date 12/16/2012
    SMART POINT 5

WTG Pierce!!! You are an inspiration and should be VERY proud!!!!

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Awesome Pierce! Thanks for sharing and adding your perceptions. The one line that really caught my attention was..."I had no idea that life could be this easy if you live it honestly." I get that!

Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!