Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Getting my foot in the door with the Army.

I spent a year trying to get SMART Recovery in use at Fort Hood. I asked every substance abuse counselor, director etc to look into it. Each one that said they did said it was fantastic and would continue to look. No one ever did anything. I finally took the step and did it myself. I contacted the local newspaper and asked if they would run the meetings in the paper. I am acquaintances with the editor on facebook and she has followed my plight. She had a reporter contact me and they ran a story in the paper this past Wednesday.

The article contained an amazing endorsement from the Army Substance Abuse Program clinical director. Foot In Door!! Now to get it going Army wide. Do I shoot for the stars or what?? (The link to the article.)

The turnout for the first meeting was small but it was great! Soldiers are so unique and being able to give them an option they have never had was to say the least, AMAZING! I didn't have to ask them to help spread the word they asked me for cards and fliers and told me all the places they were going to go to spread the news.

I cannot wait until the next meeting.

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Congratulations1.jpg
    To to you, Armywife and to SMART Recovery.
    It is a great success for all!

Lorrie
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

This is wonderful, armywife!!! Huge congratulations and heck yes, let's shoot for the stars! I really liked the article, and fully agree that choice is so key. Best! - Dee

That is so awesome armywife!!!
    Sobriety Date 12/16/2012
    SMART POINT 5

Congratulations!!!! That is fabulous.

I concur, congratulations! I learned about SR @ the VA in St Cloud MN. I still attend meetings every week via V-Tel too.
    -Chris

I am so happy that the VA has already started using SR. It's one of the points I use when talking to people here. BTW, I'm a Minnesotan. From about the same area too.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!