Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default two years since my last bet

Recovery is truly "one-day-at-a-time."
    I want to thank jib, phrogpilot73, and Renaissance for their support and advice when I began my SMART Recovery on July 18, 2018 and in the weeks and months thereafter.
    There have been many others, particularly on the Gambling Sub-Forum Check-in Thread, who have been instrumental in helping me stay focused on abstinence and recovery from the BOC of compulsive gambling. Thanks, too, to those who post to the "5 positive things" thread; those posts remind me that even on tough days there are beautiful moments.
    Hooray for VACIs!
    Best wishes to all for a day of recovery; to those who share the BOC of compulsive gambling--best wishes for a gambling-free day.

Wtg Chossy. Good for you and yes, I agree with you "that even on tough days there are beautiful moments" even if the beautiful moment is only that I have not succumbed to any triggers that would send me down a slippery slope. It's all about choice, isn't it?

Best to you
    q7
    "The central human drama is not wanting the experience we are having"

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

Congratulations chossy
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

I’m inspired by you. I just lost another 2000 grand a few days ago, after being able to stop for two weeks. I wanted to kill my self. Already accepted the money is gone and positively moving on from this. Life is good without gambling
    Last edited by Moderator StanleyG; October 2, 2020 at 1:52 PM. Reason: deleted link

Quote Originally Posted by winkydill View Post
    Iím inspired by you. I just lost another 2000 grand a few days ago, after being able to stop for two weeks. I wanted to kill my self. Already accepted the money is gone and positively moving on from this. Life is good without gambling
    Just try playing something that doesnt require so much money, and take things from there. Usually its too good to be true, or is almost impossible to win the prize.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!