Thread: 3 years

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default 3 years

I was noodling along with work late yesterday when I realized Thursday marked three years of continuous sobriety, which is the longest I've ever gone without a sip of alcohol. In the past, I would have been counting down the days to that kind of anniversary, and I'm thankful that sobriety is such a normal part of life that the milestone didn't occur to me till later in the day.

Stay mindful, my friends!

Gordon1 is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

How wonderful MylesPS!

Congratulations
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

So fabulous is this - congrats!

4. Default

Thank you for sharing your success. The main thing is not to relax and not feel like a winner, and continue to fight!

Quote Originally Posted by MylesPS View Post
    I was noodling along with work late yesterday when I realized Thursday marked three years of continuous sobriety, which is the longest I've ever gone without a sip of alcohol. In the past, I would have been counting down the days to that kind of anniversary, and I'm thankful that sobriety is such a normal part of life that the milestone didn't occur to me till later in the day.

Stay mindful, my friends!
    That is a habit of addiction we all tend to do. I used to do that, but i do not do it anymore.

April 6 if 2021 will be my 4yr sobriety anniversary. I donít miss drinking at all 👍🏻. I did at first cuz I didnít want to quit. My doctor told me I had stage 4 liver fibrosis and that if I continued to drink it would kill me. So... I chose life over death. I donít regret doing it.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!