Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Thumbs up Five Years of Continuous Abstinence Yesterday

Hi Everyone. I hit five years of continuous abstinence from my DOC (drug of choice) yesterday (Monday, 4/6/2020). My DOC is alcohol. Thank you everyone for helping me make SMART Recovery a solution for Alan. Thank you for helping keep me abstinent one day at a time!

Right on brother. Keep on keepin on.

Best always, Mike

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎈🎊
    Five years is huge and you did it yourself by putting the hard work in there and being your own best friend. SMART gives you the toolbelt but youíre the one who used the tools the right way.
    We never know whose lives we touch with our words ó yours have helped me many times in meetings. You always offer up something that I can grab onto and use in my sobriety program. I hope that I am able to do the same for someone else which is part of why after 9+ years I keep coming back for more. The rest is the wonderful support this community offers. I was thinking about that this morning; what an amazing community we have here, with dedicated volunteers who keep everything going smoothly.
    Wishing you continued success and the best possible things.

Thumbs up

Thanks Mike and welcome back!

Thank you Kristie!

That's awesome Alan. You have done the work and it pays off. Thank you so much for sharing your success with us. People like you are proof that the tools work when we work them.
    "The central human drama is not wanting the experience we are having"

Congratulations! That is a HUGE milestone!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessInSeattle View Post
    Hi Everyone. I hit five years of continuous abstinence from my DOC (drug of choice) yesterday (Monday, 4/6/2020). My DOC is alcohol. Thank you everyone for helping me make SMART Recovery a solution for Alan. Thank you for helping keep me abstinent one day at a time!

Great Job and It's so great to hear success stories. I am very proud of you.

Congratulations! :-) I wonder what will I represent when I'm 5 years sober (and 12 years clean))

Gordon1 is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

Thankyou so much for all you do Sleepless and who you are!

You bring a lot of warmth, caring, and capability to this place

Well done you on a life more helpfully lived.
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Often when I lapsed, picked up, drank, I FELT thoroughly beaten. I thought at that time "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from that thought just a little, I thought "I'll have another go!" It was a few little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here!

I hear that. Congrats. What works for to forecast the next 24 hours if I do pick up and itís a dark place that I donít want to see and the outcome is unpredictable like possibly waking up in jail. Thinking about the consequences works for me (so far).

thanks for reading.

Congratulations! Keep up the good work

Thank you. Itís tough but just take it minute by minute.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!