Thread: Two Years Sober

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Smile Two Years Sober

Hi Smarties,

I just wanted to share my 2 years of Sobriety yesterday, following one of mu worst binges and a hangover just shy of alcohol poisoning.

I've come a long way and remember how anxious I was at gatherings with alcohol in the beginning and now it is no problem.

I am still using the tools if I get alcohol or opiate cravings and they work.

Life is so much better - I am clearer headed, a good non-/blunted mom, weigh less, and have more money in my pocket for vacations.

What has helped me? Sustaining close relationships with family and partner, making my own kombucha (it is a very refreshing and complex drink which I like as much as the wine I used to drink), and developing other interests, like playing the ukulele, knitting, and learning more french.

There is a saying that helped me get through some of the more challenging moments: This is hard but nothing I can't handle.

Thanks. I hear you, and I have hope I can feel better in my future. I also drink teas to calm, and am trying to learn to knit! Love French and the ukelele too, so I am inspired by you getting back into life. Love and Peace.

Congrats on 2 years, Amelia!
    “Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in her”

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!