Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Celebrating year one

I'm a year sober today, and while life ain't perfect, it's better than I ever thought it could be 12 months ago.

I started going to SMART around 10 years ago, and had a couple of bad relapses. I finally began truly putting the program to work, and extending it to other aspects of my life, it has me much better prepared to field the rare urges, and to live my life in an honest way.

I've lost 30 pounds, and in a few days won't have to blow into a tube to start my car. SMART can work if you actually use it.

Stay mindful, my friends.

RebornMe is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Face to Face Facilitator

Wonderful post MylesPS, here's to your continued success.....

That is super exciting and a serious milestone in progress as far as the car thing. You have come a long way an I appreciate you sharing the decade story and things can happen in between. Your continued efforts and getting back up are a hope for many and ensurance that when we fall, life can be okay again.

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    SMART Online Facilitator

Hello Myles,

Congrats to you and all your successes! I appreciated your comment...." while life ain't perfect, it's better than I ever thought it could be 12 months ago." It is amazing what a year can do.

Thank you for sharing your story.

LMR555
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Congrats, Myles! You are so right about SMART working if you use the tools. Well done!
    “My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” - Louis Pasteur

Thanks, all. Life is good, and it's only getting better.

Congrats, I too find myself using the SMART tools in everyday life. After 18 months of sobriety, I can honestly say that I don't miss drinking - and didn't realize that this is what life is really like. And it's pretty good to say the very least!
    Is this old airplane safe to fly? How in the world do you think it got to be this old?

Thanks guys for making these posts. It is very inspiring to newcomers like me. I have 5 days today and most i have ever had is 11 months

HughK is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    SMART MB Volunteer
    SMART Online Meeting Liaison

So very well done MylesPS
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

Sobermum is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Chat Volunteer

A big congratulations to you and thank you for posting.
    Love the nod to mindfulness

Myles,
    Congrats! So happy for you! As a very newly sober SMART participant, I am curious if you would share some of the tools you found most helpful in your success?

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!