Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default Sober 1 Year on January 2, 2018

I never thought I would ever be able to quit drinking and smoking pot. I know I did these things to turn off the pain of days gone by. I drank from morning until night for 2 years and felt so helpless that I was having suicidal thoughts. I reached out to my son because the thoughts scared me. On January 1 2017 my son admitted me to the hospital where I was under psychiatric care and I dried out for 3 weeks. My anti-depressants were changed which made a world of difference. Following that I went to a Treatment Center for 3 weeks where I learned tools to help me deal with my addictions. I worked really hard while there, taking notes, studying the handouts and focusing on my recovery. I did not do much socializing with others, but I really was determined to stay focused. I cannot tell you how good I feel to be able to turn down a drink, and say "No thanks, I don't drink". I wish everyone reading this the most sincerest wishes at success. I know how impossible it seems but it can be done. Happy 2018 everyone.

Congratulations! Here’s to another year for both of us! Happy 2018.

Scot.

Cool

Awesome Job! Happy 2018!

Congrats on hitting 1 year!
    “Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in her”

JvB is offline Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Online Leadership Team
    SMART MB Moderator

EliseC

"No, our wills are not completely free, nor are we completely governed by our heredity and environment. We seem to be born and reared with some degree of choice, agency, or self-control but have to work at accepting its limitations and push ourselves to use it adequately."
    Albert Ellis, Ph.D.

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Co-Liaison
    Former SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Message Board Volunteer
    SMART Online Leadership Team

Congratulations EliseC!!!

Way to go on making good choices everyday; every minute; every second.

You are rocking the non drinking non using lifestyle!!!

LMR
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

Gordon1 is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    Former SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    Former SMART Online Meeting Liaison

How sensational!

So very well done on a great year of life one glorious day at a time
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

Congratulations, Can't wait to be there myself. Inspiring stuff, Wish you the best.

That is amazing that you have made your 1 year mark. keep up the good work. Life i have found is so much more enjoyable being sober. I will be celebrating my 3 year mark in May, so i very excited and couldnt be more happy with life. It has been a struggle but it has been worth it. I will take the day to day tasks and trials and tribulaitions over the problems with being drunk or high and hurting everyone that cares for me. I just wanted to reach out and say congratulations and keep up the amazing work.

This is TERRIFIC. You are an inspiration for those of us just starting our sober journey. I'm 12 days in to mine!

not a drop, awesome.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!