Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Smile 3 YEARS! Thank You

The Monday after Thanksgiving I celebrated my 3rd milestone and I just want to thank the late Dr. Albert Ellis for his REBT work and all those who continue to carry his work forward. I don't post as much as I used to because my life has taken me on to new and wonderful sober endeavors, but I use the tools I refined here on a daily basis.

I've really worked at my recovery and as a result the past 3 years have been transformational. I am a new person and the new me is so much better than the old, drinking me. I'm healthy, I'm happy, relationships have been restored and healed in ways I could never have accomplished were I still drinking. I am in awe of the changes that have occurred and that I made. And I'm just an average person.

If you are reading this and uncertain about whether or not you can do this, know that you can. If I can, so can you. Get active, get involved, learn, read, post, comment, share and connect. Make the tools that are available here a part of your life. You will never regret it. Those who love you won't regret it either.

All the best to all my SMART friends. YAY me and YAY 3 YEARS!!!!
    Last edited by GHR; November 30, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
    "I am what I choose to become" (Jung) I choose to be MINDFUL, & ALCOHOL-FREE (GHR)

Wonderful reading to wake up to! Yes Yay You And Yay on 3 Years! Congrats

1, 099 days total abstinence from alcohol is a milestone and it calls for a celebration, a celebration of thanksgiving that give one opportunity to be counted as a success in the land of the living. It's nice reading from your experience and I hope to share your success story with mine. I'm making use of the tools on Smart Recovery to attain the similar goals in life as I have come to the conceptualization that alcohol destroys family and it as well hinder relationship from blossoming to excellent level.
    I'm here to learn and I will continuously learn from experience garner from other SMARTIES in this family. I love being here and I enjoy the forum as well as the Success Story. Very soon others in this family will celebrate with me.
    Congratulation and by tomorrow, it will be 1, 100 days and still counting. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it a lot.
    Chris

Congrats GHR. Wonderful post. So glad for all your successes. Good to hear from you.

props, yes, I can say that there is a great deal of joy in that.. staying stopped.. as well as also leading a better life too
    "When you turn IT into ice cream, have an ice cream social, please" mhkc

Congrats, GHR!!!
    “Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in her”

LMR555 is offline SMART MB Liaison
    SMART Online Facilitator

Woot!!!! Woot!! Congrats GHR way to go. Great work.

LMR
    "Discover the Power of Choice!"

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Join the team as a SMART Message Board Volunteer!! It can encourage growth and joy. Or support with a donation http://bit.ly/passthehat

HughK is online now SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    SMART MB Volunteer
    SMART Online Facilitator's Co-Liaison

Hearty congrats GHR!!

So very well done
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

yay you indeed! and thanks for taking the time to post that.

i know im reiterating, but its worth it, good work
    "When you turn IT into ice cream, have an ice cream social, please" mhkc

Congratulations on your success. Celebrating your successes is key in recovery.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!