Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!

Default 30 day mark.....bittersweet

I have reached my 30 day mark until my last bet!!! I am really just beginning my recovery but am feeling positive. I am in major debt and rebuilding my trust with my wife but I feel a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I am free!!! I was looking forward to my meeting to receive my 30 day keychain for me but also because we were to celebrate another members 3 year mark.....his celebration was cancelled. He relapsed. It was sad but I have realized my recovery has to be about me. I feel bad but if I get caught up with everyone elseís recovery I may blow my own. Stay strong everyone!!!

Congratulations on your own journey, and your ability to learn from the struggles of others.

HughK is offline SMART Online Facilitator
    SMART Face to Face Facilitator
    SMART Online Meeting Liaison

Go you!

And go the three year person too!
    What a wonderful achievement for you both.

SMART allows me room to count any way I see fit.
    Continuos days; days in the week/month I altered my behaviour; any method I see helps me.

I cannot erase the things I would rather I hadn't done, how can I erase days well lived by an act (s)?

That theee year person still has all those days in my book

I trust they cut themself a bit of a break.

Very well done on your part
    What got me sober was trying to get sober. Every time I lapsed, picked up, drank, I was thoroughly beaten. I thought at those times "there is no hope for me" Yet, when I had recovered from those thoughts just a little, I thought "have another go!" It was a lot of little sparks, rather than a flame, that got me here.

Share this SMART Recovery Success Story!