SMART Recovery Online (SROL) is an online community where individuals with addiction, their Family & Friends, and other specialized audiences can interact with SMART Recovery volunteers and each other to aid in overcoming addiction.
SROL can be a meaningful resource for individuals who might not have access to local face-to-face meetings for a variety of reasons (medical or lack of transportation), who feel more comfortable trying out SMART Recovery in an online setting before joining a face-to-face community, or for those who prefer to interact online. All participation on SROL is anonymous and optional (encouraged, but not required).
Our online community provides 24/7 access to recovery related resources so that you are able to find support when you need it.
SROL consists of:
- Online meetings, held using Zoom software which offers a look and feel that resembles a face-to-face meeting. This software allows individuals to participate in meetings using their choice(s) of text, audio and video. Audio and video participation is encouraged, but not required.
- Tools and discussion forums to help you learn and apply the SMART Recovery 4-Point Program® to your everyday life.
- Specialized group forums and peer support groups (e.g., eating disorders, gambling addiction, quitting smoking, recovering to parenthood, Family & Friends, and more).
- Social forums, where individuals can just chat, share opinions, or share information on their creative endeavors.
Specialized online meetings are currently available for:
- Individuals who may have an addiction and/or may need help
- Family & Friends of someone with an addiction
- Specialized audiences such as:
- Military Veterans
- Health Care Professionals
- Sexual Maladaptive Behavior
- Facilitators through our twice-weekly SMART Meeting Management (SMM) calls
Or visit www.smartrecovery.org/community/ to sign-in or register for our online community. Meetings are regularly changed or added.